Who are we?
Newton Longville Free Church is a friendly and welcoming fellowship of Christians. The church was constituted in 1995 when the village Methodist and Baptist churches combined together, and we meet in a purpose-built building opened in 2006, located at the corner of London End and Bletchley Road. Our background is rooted in the Baptist and Methodist denominations, but we welcome worshippers of any denomination, or of none,and our desire is to be effective as God’s people both in our community and in the wider world.
Why ‘Free Church’? This just means that we are not part of the Church of England or ‘Established’ church. (The old term for this was ‘Dissenters’ or ‘Non-conformists’ – but we think ‘Free Church’ is better!)
We are members of the Milton Keynes Mission Partnership of Churches, the Milton Keynes Methodist Circuit and the Central Area of the Baptist Union of Great Britain. As Churches Together in Newton Longville, we work closely with our friends at St Faith’s Parish Church and share morning worship together once a month
The original Baptist Chapel was built in 1850, and is still to be found at the bottom end of London End. It was sold in 1993 and the congregation joined with the Methodist Chapel, which was built in 1864, located in Westbook End and now converted for residential use. When that building was declared in need of drastic repair as well, these premises too were sold. In about 1998 the congregation temporarily moved into St. Faith’s, sharing the building but maintaining our own services and identity, until the new premises were opened on 6th August 2006.